Tuesday, January 19, 2010

O.P.I South Beach Nail Polish

Months ago, I rambled about O.P.I's super hot South Beach collection, and has been drooling all over them ever since. =P And since O.P.I polishes are sooooo overpriced here, it took me a while to save up some moolah and to finally purchase them.

As I mentioned back then, I'm super excited about Done Out In Deco. It's a creamy milky purple with very slight hint of grey in it and no glitters at all. It's super pretty, and definitely nothing near over-the-top. I'm not a fan of bright bold nail colors (don't ask me why), so this purple is definitely on the top of my fav list. Hmm...how should I say this...it's not a crazy purple, but more of a grown up chic purple. =D It's very opaque, so you can definitely get away with just a nice 2 coats.

The other color that I got is Suzi and the Lifeguard. The reason I got it is that I do not have any pink in my collection yet. Hah! =P It's a shimmery yellow based light pink. It's slightly runnier than Done Out in Deco, and the shimmers are not chunky shimmers, but very very fine. Again, nothing too crazy, just a normal pink. For this one, I need to apply 3 coats to get it to be totally opaque.

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:


The swatches below are only 1 coat, and they're done in a hurry (no flash, in-door lighting). This is my first time doing swatches of nail polishes, so please pardon the messy and unprofessional swatch.



Overall, I like both of them. But if I'd have to choose only 1 favorite, it'll be Done Out in Deco. It's definitely more unique than the other one.
personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,