Saturday, January 9, 2016

HAIR | COLAB Volume Extreme Dry Shampoo Review

Last year I was astounded by a dry shampoo called COLAB. It simply just worked. I went through the 50mL size in the space of a month and loaded up on the full size when it finally showed up at my local London Drugs (review). After I had mentioned the lack of volume the Sheer Invisible version of COLAB provided, I was sent the Volume Extreme (VE) version in the scent London* to try out. Let's say I loved it so much that I also own the Volume Extreme version in Tokyo and Monaco!


I have now officially included VE into my second and third day hair styling routine. I am careful with using it because unlike Sheer Invisible, getting volume in your hair means having "grit" in it. VE has a white finish that must be brushed out, which I know some people aren't fans of. The results though are nothing short of amazing! I use it specifically at the roots and front of my hair to give everything a bit of lift. I don't use it on freshly washed hair because I don't want to have too much product build-up once I hit Day 3.




This can also be though of as a hair "texturizer" as hair is MUCH easier to style once it isn't silky smooth. My curls last longer and though I can barely get a brush through my hair because of how texturized it is, it is my FAVOURITE way to achieve volume while giving my hair a refresher. I brought a travel-sized version of London while I was in Toronto and Montreal and now have 7 spares in the house (just in case there is an apocolypse).


MAKE HAIR EVEN BIGGER!

Final verdict: For my volumizing needs, this is hands down my most favourite dry shampoo. I have been using it so religiously since March of last year that I cannot imagine my hair's life without it.


COLAB is available at London Drugs, Jean Coutu, Lawtons and select Pharmasaves and PharmaChoice. 
personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,