Friday, January 1, 2016

NAILS | Piggy Bank aka "Saving Money" Nail Art

The first post of a new year is always a tough one because IT IS THE FIRST ONE. It sets the tone of what is to come and though I wish I had had more time to do more posts geared around NYE, I was starting to feel the grind of the holiday season and decided to rest and take it easy the last week. What always makes me happy though is a fresh set of nails as well as some new goals for the year!

Though I have never been one for New Year's Resolutions and far prefer the "achievement jar" route which is why a piggy bank is an awesome thing to have in the house! Though most of us save digitally now, I still have a piggy bank in the house for collecting bits of change and also as a reminder to not spend ALL OF THE MONEY on beauty products. What better way to launch 2016 than with nail art that encompasses one of my resolutions for this year! I loved this piggy bank nail art from Nuthin' But a Nail thing and decided to recreate it here! 


I started with two coats of a white base using Essence - Wild White Ways* on my middle and ring fingers followed by two coats of green using Trendy Nails - GR02*. The dollar signs were painted on with black acrylic paint and then I applied large gold nail studs for coins.


For the piggies, I used China Glaze - Empowerment for the piggy bank body and dotted on the ears and snout with the fuchsia Trendy Nails - PK110* and Trendy Nails - BK01*. The eyes were dotted on with Wild White Ways and BK01 with the money slot painted on with a black nail striper. I threw on a few more "coins" and then added top coat to seal everything in!


How do you plan on making 2016 better than the last?
personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,