Saturday, February 6, 2016

NAILS | Trojan Condom Valentine's Day Nail Art

I have done somewhat risque nails in the past (middle fingers, sperm...) and granted I hold back because I am afraid to offend someone, a brand or a client at work. Obviously, I know there are boundaries, but this Valentine's Day I wanted something cute, funny as well as applicable! I will continue with the hearts over the next week, but we all know that sex is ALSO a part of Valentine's Day and though this day is usually not about casual hook-ups, it's still important to remember that condoms are the way to go if you want to protect yourselves against unplanned pregnancies and STDs!

Trojan condoms are fairly well-known and had a fun logo so they were definitely my brand of choice! Of course, I had to do some taping because "they're ribbed for her pleasure" ;-)


For my base colour, I did three coats of
OPI - Small + Cute = Heart* from the new Hello Kitty Collection. It was a touch streaky, so I had to add a third coat to even out the colour. For my taping, I waited for the pink to fully dry before applying striping tape. I then painted one thick coat of OPI - Never Have Too Mani Friends* and immediately pulled off the striping tape to achieve those crisp lines.


The Trojan was probably the most time-consuming to draw as it was all done with acrylic paint and a fine nail art brush. The condom is the happiest condom I have ever seen and was created with acrylic paint as well. I sealed the designs in with a top coat and voila!


Happy long weekend to those of you who have it this Monday!
personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,