MAKEUP LOOK | Looking Sweet with Spring Pinks from Paul & Joe and Lancome

For the month of March I was fortunate enough to be selected for a Shoppers Drug Mart Instagram campaign focusing on complexion. I wanted to create a pink-themed makeup look that I felt comfortable wearing on a daily basis so I picked up a few products that would help me achieve a soft, glowy and girly Spring look. I also just happened to get my hair redone at Aveda so it was the perfect opportunity to make use of the salon-worthy hair that I will never be able to replicate on my own!


Paul & Joe is available exclusively at just a handful of Shoppers locations across Canada and thankfully one of those locations is in downtown Vancouver! With packaging that is both vintage and whimsical, this is a brand that you need to get to know if you do not already! Made in Japan with the quality of a luxury brand, one look at their products and you will want to clear out some drawer space! I picked up The Paul & Joe Glossy Lip Color in 06* ($32.00 CDN) because it was exactly the pink I had in my mind. Don't get me wrong, there were a ton of beautiful colours, but this was pinky perfect.



The applicator was slightly longer and thinner with a small reservoir for product. It was flexible and applying the gloss was very comfortable. It's not a sticky gloss so the wear time is 2-3 hours tops, but there is great shine to it and the colour is of course amazing. 


OMG, this blush! This limited edition Lancome My Parisian Blush in 02 Rose Haussmann*($38.00 CDN) was kind of expensive and not only was the packaging absolutely darling, but this is a cream to powder blush with a softness I only thought possible in beauty heaven! Pigmentation is great and because it transforms into a powder, very easy to blend with a brush if you make a mistake.


Pink is not the easiest colour for me to wear on the eyes as I feel I have two choices: hot or shimmery pink. Shimmery pink, no matter how dark often looks just like highlighter, but in this case that's what I wanted. I wanted to "glow" which is why I amped up the blush and had a lip colour that leaned more to hot pink. With a white tee, I felt fresh and ready for Spring even though the day I took photos was one with torrential rain...


Face:


Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation in #03 mixed with GOSH CC Cream in Sand* 


Brows:

Dior Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Dark Brown*


Eyes:

Apply an eye primer. I'm using Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Apply a shimmery pink all over the lid. I'm using Essence Cosmetics 3D Eyeshadow in Irresistable First Love*.
Deepen the crease of your eye using Essence Cosmetics All About Nude from the How to Make Nude Eyes Makeup Box*.
Use a smudge brush to apply All About Nude along the lower lash line as well.
Line lower water line with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Stray Dog
Line upper lash line with Physician's Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black.
Apply Blinc Mascara*.
Apply your favourite lashes. Mine are a brand called Miche Bloomin in No.8 "Girly Sweet".

Cheeks:

Lancome My Parisian Blush in 02 Rose Haussmann* 

Lips:

Clinique Pop in 09 Sweet Pop
Paul & Joe Glossy Lip Color in 06*



As much as I despise Daylight savings, I am happy spring is here because that means summer isn't too far away!


EmoticonEmoticon

personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,