NAILS | Happy St. Patrick's Day with Some Luck From the Irish!

Totally wanted to have this post up earlier, but I only got a chance to sit down with my polishes last night (if you caught a glimpse of my Snapchat LATE last night!). Pulling inspiration from this post from Peace Love Lacquer, I set off to create some nails that would have me cel-o'-bratin'! (Was that bad?)
 

Starting with the pinky, paint two coats of the white polish, Essence - Wild White Ways*, followed by making hearts for the shamrock with a dotting tool using Revlon Gel Envy - High Stakes. Draw the stem of the shamrock with a nail art striper brush.

For the leprechaun's little suit, paint two coats of OPI - I'm Sooo Swamped* from the new New Orleans collection followed by two black lines in either black polish or acrylic paint. Using a gold polish like OPI - Love. Angel. Music. Baby, use a fine dotting tool to map out the belt buckle and finally dot on the black buttons.


For the leprechaun's face, I went through a few nude polishes before having my husband decide which shade looked "Irish"! Paint two coats of OPI - Tiramisu for Two* to get that fair Irish skin colour and then carefully paint just the top part of the nail with OPI - I'm Sooo Swamped* for his hat. Don't forget his buckle! Use a dotting tool to create the eyes and then acrylic paint for the nose and smile. Use an orange polish like Wet n Wild - Nuclear War* to paint on the ginger hair and of course freckles!

The rainbow nail was created with a dotting tool using Essence - Fame Fatal* (RED), Zoya - Arizona (ORANGE), Wet n Wild - D'oh!* (YELLOW)
OPI - I'm Sooo Swamped*, OPI - Wild Blue Yonder* (BLUE), OPI - Purpletual Emotion* (GREEN) and OPI - Look at my Bow!* (PINK)
 


Top coat your design and you're done!


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Be safe!


EmoticonEmoticon

personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,