Monday, March 21, 2016

NAILS | Welcoming Spring with Formula X and Cupcakes and Cashmere #ManiMonday

This month's Formula X #ColorCurators collaboration is with who I consider one of the pioneers of blogging. Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere was probably one of the first bloggers I started reading regularly back when blogging was fairly novel. Nowadays, it feels like everyone is a blogger (ahem, yes I know that I am the pot calling the kettle black), but Emily will always be one of the pioneers and still remains one of my favourite blogs to read. I even have her book which is a wonderfully relaxing read.

I actually really liked Emily's colour choices because not only did they feature a basic nude (to be featured in a future post), but also some bright pops of colour which is how I dress. I am usually quite basic in all aspects except for one like shoes or in this case nails!



Creating this "fishtail" manicure is super straightforward and looks pretty cool too! I started by painting my nails two coats of
Peach Tea*, a creamy coral shade. This shade is streaky on the first coat, so you will definitely need a second if not a third coat to even things out.
  

Carefully paint half moons with Haute Sauce*, a slightly jelly bright red, starting at the side of the nail and going toward the center. While the nail is still wet, add a gold stud to the center. Seal it all in with top coat and you're done!
 




Happy Monday! It's a short week this week and two more days until I'm on my staycation!
personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing, personal, fashion, travel, loan, insurance, health, real estate, home, marketing,